Friday, August 13, 2021

Alone with the Lord

I am glad to be back at my blog once again. I recently had the grace to participate in an intense

week of study about Media Literacy especially from a Catholic lens. Our Founder, Blessed James Alberione, want us to use the "most rapid and fruitful means" to let people know about Jesus and his message. We saw how powerful films can be, both religious films and secular media. We "prayed the news" using NPR's 5 minute capsule of daily news as our starting point. 

Now that I am in the closing days of an 8 day silent retreat, I am praying for writers, producers, directors, actors and all the men and women whose many tasks go into a film production. Even the gaffers, the persons who tape down the many wires coming from cameras and lights, all are involved and necessary to secure an appealing outcome, to tell a story in the relatively short time that it takes to see a movie!

I am writing this in the last days of my annual retreat where I am alone with the Lord alone,




even though there about 25 other Sisters here at our beautiful St. Thecla Retreat House in Billerica, Massachusetts. Having the opportunity t pray in our lovely chapel and even in our rooms, is a gift from the Lord. I promise to pray for you my patient readers who haven't seen a post from me for a long time! God bless you and pray with me for the spiritual well being of all who work in the film industry!


No comments: