Thursday, June 20, 2013

Beginning Retreat

Yesterday I posted that that I begin my annual retreat this evening. Very soon I will be "quiet". The Psalm say, "Be still and know that I am God." Today's gospel reading was from Matthew where the disciples of Jesus asked him how to pray. Then Jesus replied by giving us the Lord's Prayer, the Our Father.Retreat is a good opportunity to reflect on the Our Father.
The retreat is a response to an invitation from Jesus "to come apart with me for a while." So it is a privileged time to be physically apart too from my usual daily work of evangelization to be more deeply evangelized myself.
While I am on retreat with 21 other Sisters, a group of our younger Sisters will travel to Phoenix, Arizona to help Sister Maria Kim Bui celebrate the profession of final vows in her home parish in Tempe, AZ. You can follow this event on Face Book, the Daughters of St. Paul Vocation Page. You may connect too through Ask A Catholic Nun.com.
Pray for me and I will pray for you.
Crucifix on the Grouds of St. Thecla Retreat House


St. Thecla Retreat House

No comments: