Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Retreat

Beginning tomorrow I will join about 20 other Sisters at our St. Thecla Retreat House to begin an annual 8 day retreat. These days will be spent in silence and prayer. I will have a retreat director whom I will meet with each day. Usually the director suggests a Bible passage as a prayer topic for the day. 

Then the following day the person making the retreat meets with the director to share her reflections and the impact of that Scripture. It is a time of "spiritual therapy" in a good sense.
I promise you blog readers that I will pray for you and your intentions.
I may not be able to blog during this week ahead. I look forward to joining you at the end of this month of June. May you celebrate well the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul on June 29.
For now I leave you with this message from St. Paul in Romans 8:28: 
We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose.

No comments: