Monday, November 02, 2015

Life Changed, Not Ended

When I was in high school, I studied Latin each year. When I saw the phrase, "Vita mutata, non toliter" I understood it: Life is not ended. It is changed." Today we celebrate the "changed life." We humans really have three kinds of physical life: First we are hidden and growing in the womb. Then we are born and live as long as the Lord permits. Lastly, we die to this life and go to life eternally with God. Today our morning Mass was offered in a special way for all our deceased Daughters of St. Paul from the USA/English-Speaking Canadian Province. At the Prayer of the Faithful Father Mike Harrington read the name of each Daughter of St. Paul who spent her life here in North America. I remembered also Sisters Teresina, Innocenza, and Nicolina who returned to Italy some years ago. These three Sisters also spent much of their lives evangelizing in the USA. Since I last wrote for this blog site, my middle brother Timothy died unexpectedly of a massive heart attack. I remember him with fondness, since of all my three brothers he was the smallest. Ten years younger than myself, he would tease me by reminding me how I had dropped him down a flight of stairs when he was an infant. I was ten years old at the time. So when Tim stopped crying I figured all was well. My mother was never informed of the incident until at leat 20 years of my convent life had passed! I do pray for Tim's soul that he may truly be at peace in the eternal presene of Jesus Christ--the Lamb of God, our Redeemer and God. I urge all of my readers to remember your own deceased with prayers today and during all of this month of November. They have all precede us to eternity. I pray not only for them, but for their intercession for my special needs. They are with God, so they are not restricted by time and space. Have a blessed day!

No comments: