Thursday, October 26, 2017

A Hidden Mutual Friend

Today one of our Sisters shared a few anecdotes of what people have revealed to her about their spiritual lives. One story impressed me, so I'd like to share it with you. A woman told Sister that she began to visit a Blessed Sacrament Chapel for adoration on a daily basis.
"I would pour out my heart and my complaints to Jesus. Every day I would visit Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament and present the problems of the day. Then recently I 'heard' a word from Jesus. He said: 'Just adore.' Jesus already knows about my problems and needs. I've already told him many times. He was asking me to keep quiet and adore him." The woman noticed how the church sacristan took great care of the altar and the adoration chapel. One day she felt inspired to tell him how pleased Our Lady must be at the great care and attention he exerted. "I said: 'How she must appreciate all you do for her and her Son' The gentleman answered, 'No one has ever thanked me or told me about my work. Thank you!' We would exchange some pleasantries each day. Lately I've been asking for the gift of wisdom. The other day the sacristan said. 'Would you like a statue of the Blessed Mother? It's a bit old and nicked up but it's still good.' I was thrilled with the idea of getting a statue from a church. I answered, 'Certainly!' When I went into the sacristy to take the statue the inscription was Sedes Sapientiae, Seat of Wisdom!" Another Sister mentioned how her cousin, an entertainer in a tourist spot, makes a weekly hour of adoration on his day off. I added that when I boarded our plane to return to the USA from Ireland, the stewardess who greeted us mentioned how she frequents a Blessed Sacrament chapel in Belfast. I wasn't able to continue the conversation with the stewardess yet I was pleased to hear her greeting. All of us have this great Mutual Friend abiding in tabernacles around the world. When we go to him in adoration, we are united to him and to one another in mutual love for Jesus in the Eucharist. I hope that you too will be able to join our mutual Friend, Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. I guarantee you that he will give you his peace and answer your prayers. Blessings!

No comments: